CWCU: Local, Safe, & Strong Since 1955
With the recent headlines regarding the FDIC shuttering several regional banks, we realize you may have questions about the money you have deposited in your credit union. Central Willamette is safe and sound. We far exceed the financial standards regulators require for a credit union to be considered well-capitalized. We continually operate within the definition of “safe and sound” practices. So you can rest easy, knowing we’re prepared to meet your financial needs today and in the future.
Unlike for-profit financial institutions, your credit union is a not-for-profit cooperative, owned by you and the other members using our services.
- We are safe, local, healthy, strong, and focused on building communities like ours.
- We live and work in the communities that we serve, taking local deposits and making local loans.
- All decisions about the products and services offered are made in your best interests.
- Our cooperative, not-for-profit structure inherently holds us accountable to you and to the other members. We do not have stockholders. We do not engage in risky practices to meet stockholders’ profit demands.
- Our portfolio is diverse and not dependent on a sole industry. Our services are diverse. We are here for Main Street, not Wall Street.
- The National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund insures your money, and it is protected up to $250,000 per individual depositor. For more information, visit mycreditunion.gov/share-insurance. Keeping your money safe in an insured checking or savings account is a financially sound decision.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to visit any of our branches or contact our call center at 541-928-4536. And as always, if you do find yourself in a financial emergency, reach out, so we can work towards a solution.
We appreciate your membership.